INTRODUCTION & MISSIONS
MEKONG TESOL COMMUNITY for professional
development is a not-for-profit, non-governmental educational project initiated in 2016 by Gia Viet English Language School, Can Tho City, Vietnam and the University of Wollongong, Australia.
- empowering Vietnamese teachers of English in the Mekong Delta Area via various professional development activities;
- advancing collaborative projects among Vietnamese teachers and between teachers from Vietnam and other countries;
- improving English language teaching quality by enhancing local teachers’ knowledge, skills and confidence;
- creating a community of practice for professional development;
- creating an English speaking environment for local learners.
The project consists of four major components:1. Mekong TESOL International Conference2. Teaching Quality Improvement 3. Researching Capacity Building4. English Learner Community